Tuesday, June 29, 2010
More sewing for the baby
Usually I sew a nursing pillow and then stuff it myself. The problem with that is that when it needs to be washed, you have to throw the whole thing into the washing machine and it usually comes out a little lumpy.
This time I splurged and bought a nursing pillow form at JoAnn's (well, it was 40% off so it wasn't all that big of a splurge) and then sewed up a cover using a 14" invisible zipper across the top of the pillow to make the cover removable. YAY! If he spits up all over the pillow, I can just toss the cover into the wash. The cover is made from that minky-type fabric that you can also find at JoAnn's. It was recently on sale just under $7 so I bought several yards of that.
I also made 6 burp cloths. Two of them have an appliqued inital, one of them has his first name embroidered on it and the other three are just plain flannel with the minky-type stuff on the back. I like fairly big burp cloths having been spit up on so many times, so I made them 11" x 14".
The flannel was also on sale at JoAnn's. I dearly love a good sale on fabric.